Friday 23 December 2016

Expectations.

Expectations. The deadly imagination of yearning for something, hoping for it, resulting in utter disappointment and misery. We expect a lot from people, especially the ones we love and care for. We expect the impossible hoping that it can be possible. We expect our dreams and thoughts to turn to reality.
We expect anything and everything, whether it's from friends, boyfriends, girlfriends, family, life, strangers and I can go on and on about the ones we expect perfection from, but in the end, expectations aren't to be relied on. We always respond negatively, we become angry and then we make an attempt to control. We try to force our expectations to the point where we manipulate it.


I'm one who gets hurt based on my expectations, I'm guilty of expecting too much from the ones I love and I guess that's one of my main flaws as a person. I'm a day dreamer, a hopeless romantic who wears her heart on her sleeve, I envision everything I ache for, I have a strong yet far fetched imagination that takes me miles and miles away from reality. Sometimes, I create my own heartbreaks through my expectations, I deny the facts just for temporary happiness. I'm the victim of my own expectations. 
I guess that what I've learned from my personal experiences, is that expectations will only lead to sadness and heartache, and like they all say '' The secret to happiness, is low expectations. ''

On the other hand, always hope! While expectation is the assumption that something is actually going to happen, true or not, hope is the wish for something to happen. Hope is flexible, admits reality, allows others to grow, it helps us to keep moving forward. Hope fills us with life.


“There is no such thing as a false hope.”
Love is hope.
-ElleH. x


No comments:

Post a Comment