Saturday 3 March 2018

Going for the LEAP? Should you DIVE in or DIAL back?

Ignoring the fact that it's been AGES since I last wrote something on here, but I can't neglect the urge of writing my recurring thoughts and letting it all out, for my own sake and sanity. 

In your head, when do you think you should take the leap? Whatever the opportunity, situation, relationship, adventure, just a new road to take, when should you take the risk? When should you take the leap of faith? Why should you take it? Are you a 100% in it? Are you imagining the wings that will fly you to fulfillment? Or, Are you afraid of defeat and decide to dial back? Are you protecting your soul from failure? 
Thing is, there's no right or wrong answer here. However, whenever you find yourself in situations like this, ask yourself this question; IS IT WORTH IT? 

Assuming you went with your guts, took the leap of faith, followed your heart, and unfortunately ended up with a downfall, was it worth it? Was it worth the pain? You'll be surprised, as surprised as I am, that not everything is worth risking a break of your soul. A soul is way more expensive than temporary happiness. BUUUTT, the thing is, whatever decision you decide to take, it should never end with REGRET or an APOLOGY! NEVER! 



I'm always into a challenge, I thrive over the thought of running towards what I want. I live for goals, dreams and sometimes fantasies. Though, I witnessed myself doing the opposite. I ran, ran and continued running while having that leap of faith right in the palm of my hands, and then, I saw a hole. I stopped running. Witnessed that hole, looked closely into it, found shit tons of dark obstacles that I WILL face. Took a step back, and asked myself that golden question, and said ''Nope, it's not worth it." and I moved around that hole, went to the other side, and will continue my journey in life. 

Is it always that simple? No, not even close. It's never simple, never easy. Every situation you'll face in life will have the '' What ifs? Why Nots? and Maybes?'' 

Nonetheless, there's a lot of things that are surely worth taking the risk. I always say, ''GO AHEAD AND DO IT'' to myself and everyone around me. I might have done it differently this time, I might have dialled back, but my mind was spot on sure that it was the right decision to take. And hey, that was a risk of its own. Yes, stepping away is a risk too. And that's the conclusion I found myself in, is that EVERYTHING YOU DO, IS A RISK.





No comments:

Post a Comment