Saturday 7 February 2015

Hair Care Routine.

Hello my lovies! Hope your weekend is going well so far<3
Today i'll be sharing with you my hair care routine, everything from what I use in the shower to what I use after. I won't be including the products I use when I apply heat on, as that will be in a separate blog post that will also feature how I curl my hair.
I just want to quickly mention facts about my hair.

- First of all, I haven't cut my hair since the 7th grade and at the moment I'm in the 12th grade, so my hair has grown fairly long right now and I do aim to grow it longer.

- I don't wash my hair everyday. I wash it every 4 days which might seem a lot to some, but my hair type doesn't get that oily quickly, so I can get away with not washing it for a few days. However, when I really do feel that my hair is getting quite greasy and I can't bother washing it, I do use Dry Shampoo which is the Batiste Dry Shampoo in Dark & Deep Brown.

- My natural hair colour is medium brown with hints of red undertones, But I did dye the ends of my hair a light caramel/reddish colour in a professional salon.

- My hair naturally dries slightly wavy and sometimes a tiny bit frizzy, but that's if I don't use the products i'll mention. I do get split ends pretty fast and they say you're supposed to cut it every 3 months or so, but honestly, I cut them twice a year haha :D which is bad I know, don't judge.



Products I use.

1) The shampoo and conditioner I use is the TRESemme Keratin Smooth.
I've been using these 2 for about a month now, and I swear by them!! They make my hair feel incredibly soft and silky, reduce the appearance of split ends and they make my hair smell good. AND they're affordable! It can't get any better!

2 QUICK TIPS! - When washing your hair with shampoo, only concentrate it on the scalp and not your whole head of hair. The point of shampoo is to cleanse the scalp from all the oils and gunk accumulated over the days, so there is no point in harshly washing the ends of your hair as they are delicate and in this way you're stripping and damaging it.

- The complete opposite when using conditioner! Only focus on the ends of your hair and not the scalp! If you apply conditioner to your scalp, you'll later on realize that your hair will get greasier in a short period of time.



2) After I get out of the shower, I brush my hair using The Wet Brush, which is designed specifically to brush out wet hair.
Wet hair is extremely delicate and fragile and is more prone to split ends, so a Quick Tip is to use a wide tooth comb or a wet brush like the one I'm using to brush out your hair and remove any tangles formed.



3) And now here comes my holy grail product!! The L'oreal Paris Elvive Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum. I literally can't swear by this product enough! I apply 2 pumps to the ends of my hair only and brush it out with the wet brush again to distribute the product and done! Smooth and Frizz free hair!! This is actually the FOURTH bottle I've purchased as I go through it like a dream! It's also perfect for dry hair as well!



And after that I just tie my hair with a hair tie and leave it to completely air dry! The next morning it'll look like the picture I inserted in the beginning. 

Thank you so much for reading and I hope you're having a nice day.:)x See you in my next post!<3

-EE x

Follow me on twitter and instagram: @LamaHassan98

No comments:

Post a Comment